The mentoring program is a program for members of the HCM and run by members of the HCM. It is designed to help young researchers to develop profound teaching skills with the support of an experienced professor.
Within this program a postdoc and a professor plan a lecture or class together. Postdocs give at least half of the sessions each term and the professor provides them systematically with feedback and advice on their performance.
- The mentoring program is open for all postdocs and professors of the HCM.
- A professor (as mentor) and a postdoc (as mentee) apply together by sending their documents (see below) in a single pdf file to the head of the selection committee.
- This committee selects up to three pairs each semester.
- The formalities (e.g. a "Lehrauftrag") will then be organised by the institute of the successful applicants.
- The applicants should inform their colleagues/institutes before they apply and find an agreement on the course which should be taught in case of a successful application.
October 15 (for the following summer semester) and April 15 (for the following winter semester).
The committee will decide within a few weeks after the deadline.
The applicants will then be informed by the head of the committee.
Criteria of the selection process:
- teaching experience of the postdoc
- scientific potential of the postdoc
- concept of the course
- planned mentoring measures
- expected outcome/profit for the students
Current head of the selection committee:
Prof. Dr. J. Vygen; vygen(at)or.uni-bonn.de